We are looking for your apartment!
The weekend dedicated to the Italian cultural heritage is back, to be discovered and protected together with the FAI.
This time, on Lake Orta, the doors of some places of Armeno will open.
The ones we recommend are:
- Casa Valle: a splendid private residence from the 17th century, with an adjoining chapel.
- Hoteliers Museum: The Museum of Hoteliers is a “Place of Remembrance”, a unique collection in the world in which hotel owners, simple cooks and great chefs, unknown waiters, famous maitre d’hotels, hotel porters, have brought memories and pieces of life gathered in their wanderings around the world.
- Casa Bardanelli: Private residence dating back to 1700/1800 with original furnishings in which exhibitions, concerts and other events are organized. Here a series of documents illustrates the history of the Badanelli-Donati family, owners based in Livorno and commercial interests in Barcelona, which led to the birth of a flourishing hotel business in the Catalan city, managed by families from Lake Orta.
- Gardens of Villa Pariani: Splendid private residence with garden ..
- Parish Church of Santa Maria Assunta: The Romanesque parish church of Santa Maria Assunta, awarded the title of “Privileged Monument of art and history” in 1908, preserves frescoes that refer to images of saints belonging to distant places, linked to the path and to the pilgrimage, as well as an extraordinary fresco depicting a three-headed trinity, a rare iconography. The certain date of the church is the year 1110 with the act of dedication to the Blessed Virgin Mary,
- The House of the Fathers: The nineteenth-century villa, built by the Armenian shipowner Badanelli, was ceded to the Oblate Fathers of St. Joseph who made it the site of a seminar for the formation of missionaries. The “Casa dei padri”, wisely restored, has become a splendid cultural and congress center. During the FAI days, it will host the interactive exhibition “IT Aliens” dedicated to the integration and discovery of cultures.
Saturday: 10am – 12:30am / 2pm – 5:30pm (last entry 5:00pm)
Sunday: 10am – 12:30am / 2pm – 5:30pm (last entry 5:00pm)
Please note: in the case of large numbers, the entrances could be suspended before the indicated closing time
Suggested contribution starting from: € 3.00
How to get there
The places of FAI are different, but all in the town of Armeno.
From 23th to 24th March 2019
Suggested contribution 3 €
Would you like to visit this place? Tell your friends!
Other things you'd like to do ...